Honestly, I'm shocked and feel quite humbled for the recognition. To know that we're reaching people and making a small difference in this big world gives me, as my 1st grade teacher Miss Zurich would say, the warm fuzzies.
A shout out to our fellow finalists with links to their sites/blogs. Congratulations!
- Becky Kuhn: HIV/AIDS activist
- Elaine Schattner: Cancer activist
- Heather Swift: Cancer activist
- Susan Urell: Dental health activist
- Terry Matlin: ADHD activist
On a completely separate note, as I mentioned in my last blog entry I rely on The Daily Show for most of my news and Jon's guest last night was Steven Brill who wrote a 36 page cover story for Time Magazine about the healthcare industry that every person living with a chronic illness should read.