When I woke up this morning and checked my email I found a very pleasant note that we've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by our fellow-blogger, Amanda Kasper. Check out her blog about her journey with chronic illness. This is pretty swell and a great way to kick off a weekend. It's always nice to be recognized for the work we do, so a big thank you to Amanda for nominating us!
Part of being nominated includes us sharing 7 things about ourselves. Since it's Friday, and considering the events still unfolding in our country, I figure a little levity is in order. Here goes nothing:
1. When I was in 1st grade and we were all sitting around our teacher, Miss Zurich, as she read a story to us, I let go a rather loud fart. Then I tried to play it off like it wasn't me and was incredibly embarrassed. Miss Zurich gave me a hug and said that everyone toots.
|Indeed, everyone toots and nobody dies.|
|The ONLY place in Chicago to get a burger.|
3. I tend to laugh at inappropriate times.
4. My favorite movie of all time is The Blues Brothers. I can recite the entire thing from start to finish. Now there is some useful stuff taking up valuable real estate in my brain.
|Do you see the light?|
5. While in Munich in 2009, I felt compelled to keep up with a random German in full lederhosen, smoking a crooked cigar, and speaking no English, in beer drinking. Let's just say the train ride to Frankfurt and flight home the next day were quite unpleasant.
|Now that's skill.|
6. When I was growing up, we were the Griswolds. Driving all over the country, to Mexico and Canada. All we were missing was a wood-paneled station wagon. I didn't go on a plane until I was 14.
|Why aren't we flying? Because getting there is half the fun!|
7. My favorite quote for life is from the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Wise words and something to live by:
|"Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive."|
Have a great weekend, everyone!